Changing Inside Out Now!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Evaluating your progress - Part 1


Getting my body back - Day 34


Today, I took the time to evaluate my progress.

I've decided not to use a scale as a progress instrument. The reason for this is because, for me, it opens us the tendency to constantly check on poundage loss and when there is no visible reduction on the scale, discouragement sets in. I decided that I would pay close attention to my body, using my senses to determine my progress.

By feeling my thighs, I could feel the changes in size and toning.

Visual perception - when I look in the mirror, I see some weight reduction there.

While I'm doing my workout routine, I know I need to increase my repetitions or modify the move to gain more intensity because my muscles have already adjusted to the regular repetitive count. I added new sets to my routine to maximize my efforts.

I'm also listening to what my body is saying to me. What does it need more of? Do I need to bump up my aerobics routine or switch. This may vary from time to time. I am becoming more in tuned with my body and listening to the warning signs.

I also use my clothes to gauge my progress. How are they fitting? Are they a little bit looser?

What method are you using to measure your progress?

When you break down your ultimate goal in segments, you set a clearer picture of where you are and where there are deficiencies, where you need to enhance or get rid of completely and what's the next step.

Evaluate yourself, today. Do your own progress report, rate yourself and do the necessary adjustments to draw you closer to your goal.

Fuelling words: I evaluate my short-term progress to gain maximum long-term benefit.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights