Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 26


Get help

Whatever project you undertake, a workout partner can provide a good source of motivational assistance to keep you on track, especially when you get tired.

Working out with my 10 year old daughter has been quite encouraging for me because her support gives me that extra boost to push myself a bit further beyond my comfort zone.

On days when I feel a bit 'blah', she's there, full of enthusiasm, which provides with the extra motivational energy I need to keeping going. She's quite competitive and doesn't like to give up. Neither does she like it when someone says she can't do something. She gets even more determined to do it. She's very committed to our routine and that keeps me on my toes.

Perhaps you may need to consider getting a workout partner to assist you and keep you accountable and committed to your goal. Whether you join a group, ask a trusted friend or even your child, be sure to get the support you need.

Let's take a look at some of the qualities to look for in a workout partner that I've found helpful from my daughter:

1) Commitment - find someone who is committed to your success. Perhaps even more committed than you are.

2) Optimism - someone who is positive will always see the best when things get tough.

3) Enthusiasm - an upbeat person with a positive outlook will bring a lot of energy to the table with them which will flow over and energizing you in turn.

4) Motivation - with enthusiasm comes motivation. A person who is highly motivated to helping you achieve your goal will inspire you to pull up from deep within that extra zeal you need to keep moving toward your target.

When I'm doing my workout repetitions, whether for abs or thighs, my daughter may increase the number of repetitions. Even though I find myself always at 10 counts behind her, it still gives me the motivation I need to go beyond the norm and stretch further to a higher goal.

Fuelling words: Working with my workout partner helps me come out of my comfort zone and stretch to reach for a higher level.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights