Changing Inside Out Now!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 17


Turn adversity into opportunity.


Most people have been trained to look at adversity as something bad that’s occurring in their lives. It’s the time when depression and hopelessness sets in. But instead of looking at your circumstance from the glasses of doom and gloom, why not try a positive alternative?

What can you learn from this situation? What are the valuable lessons being taught here? What things have I neglected to deal with that has brought me to this point? How can I turn this around and use this adversity for something good?

I’m sure you’ve heard many testimonies from folks who have gone through terrible things and are now advocates for their cause. They’re educating others on prevention of some infection or disease. They’re inspiring others with their message of transformation from being homeless or broke and now they’ve broken free from a poverty stricken life. Some are now coaches and mentors for others.

These conditions of adversity were the breeding ground for them to rise to the top. Perhaps they, too, wallowed in self pity. But, obviously, they didn’t remain there. They cancelled the pity party, looked deep within themselves and found something greater than their circumstances that caused them to make a decision for change and propelled them into action.

There is more to you than your current external circumstance reveals. It is time to take a good look at where you are. Decide today to look at your adversity from a position angle and turn it into opportunity, not just for yourself only but for the benefit of others.

Fuelling words: I take this journey so I can inspire others to do the same. For myself and for those who hear my testimony, I persevere until I reach my goal.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights