Changing Inside Out Now!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 16

You can start over again

No matter how far you’ve gone or how old you are, you can start over again. As long as you can breathe and have the will to try, you can begin living your life. Even though you have failed many times, so much time has gone by or you may have wasted your earlier years, new beginnings is not just for the young.

If, like myself, you want to gain your ideal weight but have never engaged in an exercise routine before, or have not done so for a long time, it is never too late to start. You can start today, one step at a time, moving at your own pace.

Decision, determination and perseverance are the three elements needed to change your life and achieve any goal. Once you’ve made a decision to make a comeback, keeping at your pace helps to negate the feeling of being overwhelmed.

I discovered that lesson years ago. I’ve tried to keep up with all of the exercises on workout DVD’s and realized it was too overwhelming for me and I became quite discouraged. I decided, you know what, I’m going to do this according to my own style and at my own pace and repetitions.

I decided that I would start slowly with stretches and as I got stronger added other moves into my routine. Before long, my body was asking for more. I felt the urge to go for brisk walks and even took up jogging. That was amazing.

Here I am at this point. Starting over again, learning and moving at my pace and loving it.

Whatever journey you embark on, ensure you follow what you feel is right for you and allow other things to fall into place, naturally. You, too, can begin again.

Fuelling words: I can begin again going at my own pace and having fun in discovering who I am and what’s right for me.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights