Changing Inside Out Now!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Decluttering your life - Part 4 - Your Clothes


Getting my body back - Day 110

With the changing in seasons and fashion trends, we accumulate a lot of clothing to fill our closets and some of them are never worn or worn only a few times. If you have clothes hanging in your closet that you've not worn for a long time and clothes that have gone out of fashion, it's time to declutter your closet and free up that space.

If you are keeping clothes you've not worn in many years with the thought that one day you'll fit into, why not consider giving it away to someone who could use it right away instead of it waiting for someday that may never get here.

Why would you want to get rid of that fancy dress or suit that you love so much, even though it can't fit you? Because you're getting out of the attitude of hoarding and you're activating the law of giving and receiving. You're allowing the flow of renewal into your life.

How does holding on to my favourite outfit affect my life?

Holding on to anything so tightly is a reflection of something on a much deeper plain than we can physically see. It's more of a psychological effect than physical. Holding on to things is evidence of an underlying fear - whether of loss or fear of not having.

When we make the decision to keep only what we need and release all excess we are relinquishing the fear in exchange for the reassurance that whatever we need is already supplied and if at the time when I reach my desired weight goal I would like to have that outfit, it will be supplied, as well, or a better one will come to me. When we look at life from that perspective, the grip of fear is loosened from our minds and we can be free to let go and live one day at a time.

Free your closet from the heavy load as an outward symbol of inwardly freeing your mind and spirit and decluttering your life.

Fuelling words: I keep only the clothes I need now knowing that what I desire when I reach my ideal weight goal is already supplied.

Workout - walking


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights