Changing Inside Out Now!

Monday, July 27, 2009

To eat bread or not


Getting my body back - Day 97

Much has been said regarding the pros and cons of eating bread when you're attempting to get to your ideal weight goal. Like everything else, moderation is the key and it all depends. You must know your body and how it reacts to eating bread and this can be done by testing.

First of all, it's important to note that 100% wheat bread is a healthier choice by far than white bread. If you make your own, like I do, you could experiment with different recipes and add your own ingredients to it. If you choose to purchase it at the store then going with the 100% wheat bread or flax seed are good choices.

Check out this article I found on Top 10 Healthy Breads. I've tried some of these in the past and found them very tasty, especially the crunchies. Sometimes I can go a bit overboard and it shows, so I've decided to really cut down drastically on bread and get my carbohydrates from eggs, meat and vegetables which are lower in carbs. If you cut back on the amount of bread you're eating, you could measure your progress. Keep cutting back until you see a difference in your weight.

After I had my 5th child, I decided that I needed to get off the extra pounds. I did eat bread, then, but just a minimal amount - maybe a couple of slices and not every day either. I was getting to my weight goal really fast.

As with anything, get the information you need, but do what works for you.

Fuelling words: I make my decisions to eat what is healthy and what works best to help me get to my ideal weight.

Workout: walking, weight lifting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights