Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Hang in there


Getting my body back - Day 96


If you feel like giving up, hang in there, your break through is about to come. Ever feel like you're working towards your goal and can't wait to reach the finish line? Keep holding on, you're almost there.

A few years ago, when I was studying for my insurance exams, at times I felt so overwhelmed with the amount of work I had to study from my two inch text books. I've been tempted a few times to throw the book through the window. I would get up, walk away, regain my composure and get back to studying. I was determined to pass my exams and that's what kept me going. Failing was not an option.

I would ask God for strategies on studying and memorizing points. I would make up acronyms for points I needed to remember. Sometimes I'd draw stick people to have an image in my mind for certain points. I would ask God to help me study what was most important and what would be in the exam. And yes, every time I took an exam, I passed. I would say with determined intention, "I'm going to pass this exam." These exams were like $300.00 to $500.00 each time, so you'd understand why I had to pass them and because the way it was set up with my employer, each time I passed I'd be reimbursed for the amount I paid. Talk about incentive, huh?

Find your incentive to motivate you to the finish line. Hang in there and go for it. You'll be glad and relieved you did.

Fuelling words: I focus on my final goal and keep moving forward until I reach it.

Workout : Walking, gardening


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights