Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Take responsibility for your progress


Getting my body back - Day 101


To achieve success in any goal, you need to take responsibility for your own progress. Engaging in the activities that gets you closer to your goal is one part. But when you evaluate and measure your own progress you get a clear picture of where you are and where you desire to be. Then, you can form a strategy to get you there.

As you take responsibility for your own progress, you get to decide what's working for you and what's not. You can make adjustments in your activities, weeding out those activities that are not productive to your goal achievement, and add in new ones that will get you get closer to your target.

Going with what you feel in your heart helps you to see what you're in alignment with. For example, as part of my workout routine, I found that I was no longer feeling very enthusiastic about my aerobic workout. I know I needed to do something that would get my heart rate up and get my metabolism fine tuned, but I felt that I was getting really tired of the repetitions. I didn't mind the weight lifting but I needed to replace the aerobic workout with something that I feel I could stick with that would still give me the results I'm looking for.

I was really honest with myself - looking at the exercises I enjoyed doing and which ones was just a bummer for me. So I devised a plan - going for walks, but really working my arms back and forth as I go to give me the extra workout. Yesterday I had my 3 year old up on my shoulders as I walked. The extra weight made me work a bit harder and I added my weight lifting for toning after.

Now, if I ever feel like I'm getting bored of this, I know I can change it again and improvise. It's about me having fun while I'm moving towards my target and still getting the results I'm looking for.

Taking responsibility for your progress means that you get to choose what you enjoy doing that would energize you to get you closer to your goal. When you enjoy what you're doing it's not a drudgery but a joy and a joy that will propel you faster towards the finish line.

Fuelling words: I take responsibility for my progress and enjoy the rewards from the progress I make.

Workout: gardening, walking, weight lifting


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights