Changing Inside Out Now!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Visualization to getting your body back - Part 1


Getting my body back - Day 48


Okay, mother's week and mother's day is over. I hope you had a great time. I know I did. Now, it's time to get back on track.

We're going to focus on the specifics of visualization when working out. The principles could also be applied to any issue or project you're working on.

Visualization is a powerful enhancing tool used to get your mind and body motivated into action. It sends the message to your brain as the brain does not differentiate the difference between real and imagined.

If you've ever tried imagining that you're happy and excited about something, you may have found your body energy responding to your happy excited feeling. Your brain doesn't know that you're pretending. Similarly when you use visualization in your workout, your brain sends your desired message to the rest of your body and your body, in turn, goes into response mode to the message delivered.

Arms workout

Today, we'll deal with working out the arms. Whether or not you're using weights, focus on feeling the movement and really work the muscles. As you do this, see (imagine) your arms as your ideal size. See the ripped muscles as you engage in the movement. Doing this allows the brain to send the message to the muscles in the arms to take on this new shape. You're engaging your mind, your brain and your body to bring you the results you desire.

Fuelling words: My arms are slender and ripped. My brain is sending this new message to my arms and the cells are working now with this new message to bring me to my goal.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights