Changing Inside Out Now!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Struggling to See Yourself As One With God? An answer to a subscribers...

Hey Alicia,

I just finished reading the article. Wow, I agree that I am made in God’s image and in his likeness but I am not a God or God.

Genesis 2:7, reads "God proceeded to form man out of the dust from the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

I do agree that I am special and uniquely made. This information helps me see that if God the creator of all things loves and cares for me I am special. He put me here for a reason.

Thanks

Yes, reading that statement for the first time especially after hearing all our lives that God is somewhere in heaven and God is great and we are not. I'm not going to try to change that belief but I will share with you why I made that statement.

Yes, Genesis 2:7 does make that statement and that's correct. God formed man out of dust from the ground - that's God using a physical element to bring the desire of man into physical manifestation - from desire into form.

Now let me ask you this, whose breath was it? It was God's right? And every breath that we breathe and the life that we live came from God. The formation of who we are came from the life of God. Same thing with everything that we see.

Also in Genesis, God create heaven and earth. God also created the animals, the plants, the trees, moon and stars - all shaped into physical form from one life Source - one Source of energy which is God. God is Spirit - the Scripture clearly states that. Spirit breathe life into all that exists. A part from God, nothing exists. So God is in us, through us and is us because the essence of Spirit and life moves in and through us.

We are not separate from God no more than the leaves and branches are separate from a tree, otherwise they would die, they would no longer exist, no more life from the tree running through them if they were separate from the tree.

So it is with us. Our physical bodies are powered by the life of God who and whose we are. We are God and yet still expressed in individual form. We work in harmony with Spirit. To deny our oneness with God is to deny who we are, like the branches of a tree being afraid to be called the tree or part of the whole.

Here's another practical example - You are of your father - everything that says Tracey came from your father's DNA. You'd go by your Father's name to show who's child you are. You are very much your father in body and very much Tracey in her unique makeup and also for differentiation.

If your father's last name was Meeks you wouldn't question that you are Meeks would you? But in differentiation from all others you'd be Tracey. You have Meeks blood running through you right? Same thing with Spirit. You belong to God, are God, are of God and make up the whole of who God is yet still differentiated in your physical form.

There's another scripture that shows that we have many different gifts of the Spirit but the same Spirit which operates through all of them. Everything we are is God-breathe.

John 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Jesus said you see me, you see the Father because the Father and I are one. He also went onto to say we are one with him. Now if we are one with Jesus and Jesus is one with us and he is one with the Father what does that make us? If you see the Father then you see us as well because we are the physical expression of the Father - the Great Universal Spirit.

In John 1 the scripture said that in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God and the word was made flesh and dwell among us. Who is the word being referred to - Jesus. He was made flesh. Who then are we? We all came through the same channel and that's the whole point of Jesus' life to show us the channel through which we came and our connection to the Spirit and who we are, our true heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights