To achieve anything worth having, there must be some unction of determination on your part to take you through to the finish line.
What is determination?
1) Determination is the sustenance you need to keep going when you’ve failed so many times. It’s the deciding factor when obstacles present themselves.
2) It’s the mindset in spite of the pain that lifts you up and pushes your body forward even when it says you should give up.
3) It’s that which compels you to keep searching for an answer when you’ve searched before and have been unsuccessful.
How does a person become determined?
1) You see the value/importance in what you’re doing or what needs to be done.
2) You’ve made a mental decision to do this thing no matter what comes your way.
3) You know in your heart that you can achieve this goal/dream.
Determination is like a shield which deflects every objection that challenges why you cannot have what you set out to attain. You know without reservation that you can achieve this thing - that inner feeling/knowing inside you that the negative, “You can’t have or do,” is incorrect and that the positive, “I can have or do” is possible.
Determination gives birth to persistence and is the outward expression in the form of persistence.
Why does a person need to be determined?
If you want to be successful in anything you do, you need to be determined? The higher the goal you need to attain, the more of the demand on your will to be determined to see it to the end.
You are here today because of one sperm’s determination to reach the egg in spite of the harsh adverse conditions and competition it faced in the uterus. It will do us well to follow this blue print to achieve anything we set out to do and see it to its completion.
Regardless of the adversities we face, determination may be the only thing we have to keep our heads above the water, stiffen our fists and press forward until we reach the destination point.