Changing Inside Out Now!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 13


Variety is the spice of life.

Embarking on any journey, you’re bound to encounter some monotony in your routine. Adding some variety brings joy and enhances your performance. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase ‘time flies when you’re having fun’. When you’re enjoying what you’re doing work seems effortless because you become consumed by whatever activity you’re engaged in.

If you find yourself dreading an activity, think of a fun way to perform the same activity. If you really dislike a particular task, give it to someone else to complete for you and go on to something more enjoyable.

If it’s an assignment you must complete yourself, like studying for an examination, find fun ways to remember key points. E.g. make a funny acronym with the letter from each point or draw stick figures to remember certain concepts. You’ll be surprised at how this comes in very handy when you need to answer a question on the exam paper.

I have my daily routine where certain set of exercise follow another set. My strength exercises allow me to add some variety to the routine. E.g. I pick up one of my children if I need an extra 50 lbs, 30 lbs, or 20 lbs for extra weight. They get a neck ride, and well, mom gets to work just a little bit harder. But that’s okay because I get a good work out.

For my aerobics session, I want a bit of variation here, so I add some dance, like hip hop into my routine.

Variety truly is the spice of life and it can turn a gloomy session into fun and complete satisfaction.

Fuelling words: A few dashes of spice heighten my performance.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights