Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 5


Visualization


Why is visualization so important to creating change?

Visualization is a mental image that is similar to a visual perception.

When you are visualizing, you are using your imagination to bring up mental images of the goal you want to attain. The brain does not know the difference between what is real and what is fiction. Therefore, continual holding of the mental images of the desired results allows the brain to send the message to the body and the subconscious mind to act in accordance to bring about the change.

As a vital tool to achieving my ideal body weight and shape, visualization keeps my mind focused on the goal, the finish line, and as a result, my subconscious mind and my body receives the memo to go into action to produce the desired results.

Fueling words: My body is strong. It is toned. I am healthy.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.


Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights