Changing Inside Out Now!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 10


Goal Achieving Mindset.


What is the mindset to reaching any goal?

Once you've made the decision to go after your goal, your mindset becomes what I call 'determined focus'.

Why 'determined focus'? Because you adopt the mental attitude with such brazened determination, it's not wishy washy. You know exactly what you want to achieve, and you go all out to do whatever you can from where you are and with what you have to reach your goal.

Does that mean that you don't face obstacles, discouragements, feelings of giving up? Not at all. As a matter of fact, obstacles do come to test your loyalty to your goal. Temptations show up in well-intentioned family and friends to throw you off track. Mind battles do occur; those thoughts that say, "I can't do it. I'm not good enough. I'm not an expert."

You have a choice. Either accept these negative ideas or square your shoulders, dig your feet in the ground, stiffened your chin and respond, "I can and I will. I'll grow and get better. I'll learn and improve."

Begin where you are. Remain focused on the end result. If you fall today, remember every toddler that ever walked fell, and fell many times, but got back up again. They may cry because that one really did hurt. But did that stop them? No. They kept going, even at the risk of falling, until they were strong enough to walk without falling over so many times. The toddler, determined to walk, achieved his goal.

I don't know everything there is to know about how to achieve my ideal weight. But I am determined to learn, grow, evaluate my growth and make the necessary adjustments that will help me get there.

Fuelling words: I am 'determined focused' on reaching my goal.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights