Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Changing Inside Out Now! Getting my body back - Day 12


Rome was not built in a day.


For every target you’re going after, you need to take it one step at a time, one layer at a time.

No one starts to build a house today and expects to move into it tomorrow. The builder must first lay the foundation and let it set before he begins to add other structure to it, such as the frame, the siding the roof etc. If the foundation is faulty the house becomes inhabitable. The house soon falls apart due to lack of strength or support.

When you start a marathon, you don’t instantly get to the finish line. You must take the race in stride.

As I focus on achieving my ideal weight, it took me time to get to where I am now; therefore, it will take me time to reach my goal. In the meantime, I enjoy the changes I’m experiencing in my body and pay attention to the vital lessons learned on my journey. I enjoy the process of learning to take care of my body; trying new exercises, feeling my muscles tightening, and paying attention to what I eat.

Rushing the process and taking unnecessary shorts cut could lead to detrimental results. Take the steps that are essential for progress, learn and grow then share with others your experiences that they, too, can make a difference in their lives.

Fuelling words: Every day I learn and grow.

Routine: Warm-ups, stretches, aerobics, toning and strength exercises, cool down.

Visualization - keeping focus on my goal; healthy, strong and my ideal body weight and shape.

Deep breathing - relaxes the muscles and sends oxygen to the muscles where exercising alone would not reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights