Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Getting My Body Back Friday - What To Do When You Had Enough of Being Overweight

Tired of being overweight? When you look at yourself in the mirror do you dislike what you see or are you tired of feeling tired because of your weight? What do you do when you've had enough?

Use these tips as a tool to propel you to take positive actions.

You may feel the temptation to become depressed and as a result begin to eat in hopes of helping you feel better. But instead of giving into feelings of depression use this as a tool to push you forward into taking consistent action towards getting to your ideal weight. Getting mad with a determined mindset will help you get out of feeling sorry for yourself and into taking decisive action towards changing your life.

After my 5th child was born, I wanted to shed off those unwanted pounds. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't stand the way I looked. I began working out at a slow pace at first but found the results minimal. I got to the point of enough is enough and I was going to do what I can to get the weight off. So my disgust for what I saw pushed me into taking decisive positive action towards achieving my weight goal.

Start small and then take it up a notch

Starting small will get you into laying the foundation to build on, but don't become complacent. Build from there and take it up a notch. If you had not exercised for a while or if you don't have a consistent routine, start by doing some stretches each day to get you moving or start going for short walks. Don't stay there though, keep building on that - add some weight training to it, or use your body for resistance training - some squats, push ups etc. Do your research and keep growing from there.

Still not getting the results you want?

Tweak your system. Look at what you're eating and how much you're eating. Add more vegetables and protein to your diet. Keep evaluating and tweaking your progress.

Here are some questions to ask:

What can I change that will help me get closer to my goal?
What can I do today and each day that will bring me closer to the results I desire?

As you continue to ask these questions you'll be opening up your mind to receive more information that will help you create the results you want. Don't get into the comfort zone in your workout that's not being effective in getting you to your weight goal. Be prepared to take the risk to try something different that may make the difference in your results. 

By the way, if you'd like to have a simple step-by-step process, a Life-Changing Map, to show you how to break through roadblocks and build the courage you need to leave your comfort zone and move towards your dream, then this is for you. Check out The Life-Changing Map to get more information to learn how to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights