Changing Inside Out Now!

Monday, February 21, 2011

8 Empowering Life-changing Steps Learned from Dismantling a Baby Car Seat - Part 1

Our due date for having our new baby is fast approaching and as other times we're getting all baby stuff washed and prepared for the new arrival. This is the first time I'm taking apart the car seat so the material and belts can be washed in the washing machine and the actual seat scrubbed and set to dry. Having no manual to instruct me, I set out on this challenging adventure of dismantling the sophisticatedly manufactured car seat. 

I knew the bottom part of the car seat could come apart but I wasn't sure where the button was located so I started with what I could. I began to pull the belts out. I asked the Spirit to give me the wisdom I needed to separate the bottom support piece from the top. 

As I closely examined each piece, still feeling quite unsure how to separate them, I continued with open mind. And there it was, the lever I needed to make the separation. At this point I needed an extra pair of hands to hold on to the lever as I pulled the bottom piece off, so I called one of my daughters to help me. 

Then, it was on to removing the fabric from the actual seat and finally freeing all the belts. With each step, I continued to rely on the wisdom of the Spirit to guide me until the car seat was completely bare. 

Now let's look closely at the steps you can use to help you accomplish anything you set out to do so you can become empowered from within, achieve your goals and change your life. 

1) Clarity - get clear on what you want

I knew exactly what I wanted the end results to be - to have a clean car seat for the new baby. I knew that I had to take everything apart even though I had no manual to guide me. Initially I had no idea how I was going to make this happen, but I knew what I wanted and that was good enough.

When you are clear on what you'd like the outcome of your desire to be, it does not matter if you don't know how to produce the actual results or know what action steps to take at first. What you need will be provided each step of the way. Your job is to become clear on what it is you want. 

2) Decision - decide what you want

I made a decision that I was going to wash the car seat materials and in order to do that I'd have to take everything apart. I did not allow my lack of knowledge to resolve the situation to stop me from making the initial step. I made a firm decision that I would get the results I wanted. 

As you make a firm decision and keep reaffirming that decision each step of the way, the universe will bring all the aid you need to help you achieve your goal. I could have given up and allowed the situation to dictate the outcome of inactivity, but I knew that there was a way and I would find it even if I had to take small steps at first. 

Look out tomorrow for Part 2 as we cover Step 3 and Step 4.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck, Alicia. I wish you and your sweet new baby much joy and happiness, and the same for all the rest of your family. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Daily Insights