Changing Inside Out Now!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Action Thursday - 4 Action Steps to Change Your Thinking & Overcome Inferiority Complex

You can overcome inferiority complex when you change the way you look at things and allow that change to take root deep within your subconscious.

Practice these 4 action steps to change your thinking.

Action Step #1 - Do a self-analysis

Being aware of the area you feel inferiority positions you to take the next step. A self-analysis uncovers those areas in which you feel inferior, allows you to become more conscious of your own behaviour and those things that trigger your behaviour. 

You ask questions like, "What's making me feel like I'm not good enough? How can I get better at this? Why do I always need someone else's approval of me? Why do I have a negative self-image? Do I like myself? Am I confident in who I am and if not why not?"

Begin to observe yourself and ask questions so you can get clear on what's happening in your mind and what behaviour follows as a result of your thinking.

Action Step #2 - Change how you see yourself

We often use comparison as the measuring stick to determine our worth. If this one does this then I'm not so bad then, or if one is good at that and I'm not, then I'm a failure or I'm not good enough. We form our entire identity based on this comparison measurement and therefore devalue our worth. 

Your external accomplishment or non-accomplishments do not have the final say of who you are and of your worth. Do you judge a baby's worth based on his/her accomplishments? No, but the value of that child is priceless. Are we to say our value diminishes as we grow older? I think not! You are a priceless and irreplaceable being regardless of your age. See yourself as such. 

Action Step #3 - Visualize yourself as the person you chose to be

When you think about you what do you see? What are your eyes filled with - limitations, feeling not good enough, failure? You know the saying, "What you see is what you get." Shift your eyes over to seeing yourself being deserving and good enough as others. See yourself as confident in your own skin. Approve of yourself.

Action Step #4 - Create and use affirmations to reprogram your subconscious thinking patterns

Whatever you've been seeing yourself as, you've been affirming and accepting that as who you are. It's time to recreate and reprogram you. Create affirmations around the person you choose to express. You could say things like, "I'm good enough. I approve of me. I'm getting better each day. 

Affirmations by themselves will not work. You must feel them, own them, accept them and allow the reprogramming process to work within you. 

And now I invite you to claim your FREE instant access to the 'what, why and how to' create your own affirmations, use visualizations and vision boards so you can build your self-confidence and recreate your life. Go to: 


2 comments:

  1. I love all your posts, Alicia. They are very encouraging, inspirational, and uplifting. It's wonderful how you leave your many "marks" on the world. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and your insight. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Daily Insights