Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Attribute to Successful Living and How to Prevent Stress

One of my subscribers sent this to me and I thought it could be useful to you.

Stress really affects our health and the more that we could cut down on ways to lessen situations that create more stress in our lives, the better our health.

Here's what Justine Aragones shared:

Several months ago, my mother, a public school teacher, attended a seminar on effective stress management thus I am happy to share with you what my mother learned:

1) Fret not thyself.
2) Always count your blessings and not your troubles.
3) Be what you really are. Do not act otherwise just to impress people.
4) Get organized so everything has its place.
5) Say "NO" to projects/activities that won't fit your time, schedule or that will compromise your mental health.
6) Delegate tasks to capable others.
7) Simplify and unclutter your life.
8) Learn to forgive; It's hard to live with a heavy heart.
9) Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
10) Take one day at a time, one task at a time, one step at a time.
11) Talk less, listen more.
12) KMS(Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
13) Never propose or promise anything you are not sure to do.
14) Plan on how to spend your money. Uncontrolled and impulsive spending is the root cause of all financial worries.
15) Always take time for simple pleasures.
16) Be good to all and practice kindness.
17) Practice appreciation and instead of criticism, ridicule, scolding and fault finding.
18) Learn to really love people.
19) Delete lies in your system.
20) Pray all the time.


These are some really powerful points and starting next week, each week I'll do an article and expand on each one of these topics.

In my busy schedule, I'm looking for ways to simplify my own life and spend more time with my family, enjoying the moment and really deepen my spiritual connection even further.

How about you? What are you doing to reduce stress in your life?


2 comments:

  1. Hey Alicia,
    Wow, Those were reall great statements. I look forward to you going into more detail about each one of the statements. I'm tryin to keep thins in my life simple to.

    ReplyDelete

Daily Insights