Changing Inside Out Now!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Getting My Body Back Friday - 3 Reasons Why We Stop Using What Works to Achieve Our Goals and 2 Cures to Fix It

Do you find that you start doing something and then it works but somewhere along the way you stop? Why is that? In this article we'll look at 3 reasons why we stop using what works and we'll look at 2 cures to fix it.

We all have different experiences and perspectives that affect the way we do things but I think we can break down these down into about 3 main reasons why we don't do what we know works or that is right for us.

1) Life happens

We get busy, we put it off and before you know it, a week has gone by then we become unmotivated lose momentum and find it difficult to start again. I know that this has happened with me when trying to lose weight. I know I need to exercise. I know I need to leave off the junk food but some days I just feel for that junk kick lol and those days are not always on my cheat days. I get busy with the family, my business, and just life on a whole. So yeah, I could totally identify with that.

2) Stuck in the old rut

We're so used to the old and then the old becomes easy - our old habit comes back easily. Face it; we've been doing what we do for a long time so when we make a change we focus on the outward change and not the inward habit - the mindset that creates that change in the first place. And then what happens is that the old internal programming kicks in once again.

3) We didn't make it a habit

When we don't make 'doing the right thing' a habit - first creating it from within - yes, using the visualization process - then it becomes easy to abandon the dream as we change our focus.

So now it only leaves us to ask, "What's the cure?"

Cure #1 - Create a new habit - retrain the subconscious mind - your internal programming.

This has to be a conscious effort that's repeated over and over. That's what I had to do with my weight program. Each day I consciously made the decision to go out for my walk and whenever I slacked off my body would yearn for exercise. So that would get me back on track - even if I didn't walk, I would do something to keep things moving again - that's the power of the internal programming.

Cure #2 - Adding pleasure

We do more of what we enjoy doing. So when we add pleasure, enjoyment to the things we're trying to change - the outcome? We want to do more of it.

Coming back to my weight loss program example; I actually began to enjoy walking and working out. That's an accomplishment for someone who didn't like to exercise.

I focused on something that I enjoyed doing and let that motivate me - which was playing with my children - so I wanted to be strong and full of energy to do that.

Did you know that you’re losing out on what life has to offer by allowing low self-esteem, inferiority complex and lack of self-confidence to control your life? It’s time to take back control of your life. It's time to take control of your mind and finally break free from negative self-image, fear of failure, feeling inferior and not good enough...from what’s holding you back from really living your life!

If you are ready to make the change I can help you. Go here to find out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights