Changing Inside Out Now!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Be determined to get results!


Tending the garden of the heart - Day 100

We noticed a couple weeks ago that even though our squash was growing nicely and the flowers were wide open displaying their brilliant orange petals, the fruit was not coming in. Some of the flowers closed up and then fell off.

We were really looking forward to having squash through the winter. Disappointed, we searched for information and asked our informative neighbour, but could not figure out what the problem was. To make matters worse, after our heat wave, the temperature dropped causing more concern for our precious squash.

Something happened inside me, the thought of not having any squash at all was just unacceptable. I thought, you what, regardless of what the weather was doing, we are going to have squash. I got really determined. I am expecting squash. I said to myself, "I do not know how, but I know that we are going to have squash from this garden."

The following day we went out to the garden, as we always do. My husband looked at the squash and was about to say something regarding the growth and as he began the words, "I do not expect....," I jumped right in and said, "No, no, no, I expect to have squash from this garden. I do not care what the weather is doing. We are going to have squash!" He immediately raised his hands and said, "Okay. I take my mouth off of it."

Today, we have about 3 - 4 inch squash, 3 - 2 inch squash and quite a few small ones coming up, too many to count.

The lesson here:

If we accept external conditions as they are, that is what we will get. But if we, in our determination, decide that our situation is going to change, regardless of whether or not we see how it will change, then the Universe, God, will go into active mode to orchestrate events to bring us whatever we desire. When you set your intentions in your heart and release it to God, then your hands are open to receive the miracle of having your desire met and having your squash harvest for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Insights